I have gone crazy with the flowers-on-postcards! It’s a technique I found in the Stitch Magazine website. These are pressed specimens from the Toolik Field Station; a co-worker collected them for a research project, and they’re no longer needed. The map is of the area surrounding the research station. I’m going to start adding that map to the Arctic Geobotanical Atlas in the next few weeks.
I made three sets; one set was a gift for a departing co-worker, and two were made for a local art show. One set got in, and this one didn’t. The only difference was this one is blank on the back, and I wrote a few lines on the other set (on the back of the postcard). I can NOT wait for summer, when I can start using wildflowers from my yard! I’m also hoping to sell a few at the local botanical garden, using flowers from the garden; won’t that be fun!