The Flat Angel project began when I brought an angel to the May meeting of Cabin Fever Quilters’ Guild. Someone threw out the suggestion to send her traveling, like Flat Stanley, the grade school geography project. What a great idea! I can travel the world vicariously! Much cheaper, and I won’t be sleeping in any airports or train stations, on top of my suitcases. The pattern came from Wild Art Dolls, a really fun art doll site; Aisling also has several other sites I’m sure you’ll enjoy.
- These are really just suggestions/requests,but I would *really* appreciate knowing about your angel’s travels!
- The most important thing is to have fun! Introduce her to your friends. Make jokes about her. Take your angel to your favorite bookstore or coffeeshop, to touristy places you’d take visitors, to that wedding you have to attend; where ever you want!
- Email a photo/photos and a brief paragraph/paragraphs about her travels to me at email@example.com (put her name in the subject line), and I’ll post it to my blog. If I get a good enough response, I’ll set up a blog just for the Flat Angels.
- Send her to another city, rather than just handing her to a friend in your city; this is a great excuse to write someone who lives some distance from you!
- It’d be nice to keep a traveling journal that goes with the angel; a plain sheet of paper, with a photo/sketch and a brief paragraph about where you took her is perfect (nothing fancy!). If the journal starts getting too bulky, send it to:
PO Box 10371
Fairbanks, AK 99710 USA
- have fun with your angel and then send her on her way! Let’s see where these girls go!
- My pattern and instructions; please feel free to share, but don’t sell, my pattern & instructions, or the Flat Angels. Thanks!